Every guy has one, but there's a lot to learn about this all-important appendage.
Take our quiz on all things penis related and see how well you score...
1. What exactly is your penis?
2. In relative terms do men with a shorter penis achieve a larger erection?
3. What is the average erection size?
a) 5 inches
b) 5.6 inches
c) 6 inches
4. What is the world’s longest recorded erection?
a) 11.5 inches
b) 12 inches
c) 13.5 inches
5. How many erections does the average healthy man have during a full night’s sleep?
6. An erection happens when the blood vessels...
7. On average the average erection takes how many shot glasses of blood (assume each is 35ml)?
8. Around what proportion of your penis length is located inside your body?
9. Which of the following controls the mechanism for ejaculation?
a) The brain
b) The spinal cord
10. "Phallophobia" is the fear of or aversion to what?
a) An erect penis
1. a) Contrary to popular belief, the penis is an organ, not a muscle (this is why you can't move it much when erect).
2. a) Men with a shorter penis achieve larger erections. A study has shown shorter penises have erections that can increase penis size by 86% versus 47% for longer penises.
3. b) The average erect penis size is 5.6 inches. Studies suggest that about 87% of men have an erect penis size of between 5 and 7 inches
4. c) A man called Jonah Falcon is believed to have the largest penis in the world which is 9.5 inches flaccid and 13.5 inches erect. (Link: Rolling Stone)
5. b) Healthy men have on average 3-5 erections during sleep. Whilst this is not fully understood, some believe it may help prevent bed-wetting as an erection inhibits urination.
6. a) Erections occur as a result of the blood vessels relaxing. The relaxation allows the the penis to fill with blood which is trapped there causing an erection.
7. b) An average erection requires about 130ml of blood to keep the penis hard. That’s just roughly four standard 35ml shots.
8. b) Around 50% of the erectile tissue that forms the penis is located inside the body (so technically your penis is twice the size you think it is).
9. b) The ejaculation reflex is actually controlled by signals from your spinal cord.
10. a) Phallophobia is the fear of erections.
If you have any questions, don't hesitate to contact us at email@example.com